Poltergeist: A PhantomJS driver for Capybara
Initially the biggest problem was addressing the issue of how to communicate between a Ruby process and a PhantomJS process. But then it hit me: PhantomJS gives you a browser environment, so you can do everything you can do in a browser, and you can do Web Sockets in a browser. So I used Web Sockets.
After hacking away for a while I eventually had a pretty complete driver.
But I was being plagued by segfaults that were coming from WebKit’s
getting far too comfortable with
I tried the Qt 4.8 RC (it has since been properly released) and found
that the JSC segfault had gone, but now there was a new segfault.
After much hair-pulling I found a
But I was still left with another problem: it wasn’t possible to attach
<input> elements against Qt 4.8. After yet more hair-pulling I found the
for that one, too.
Which leads me to the point where I am now finally happy to invite you, dear reader, to try out my humble little Capybara driver. Let me know how you get on!